Thursday 16 September 2010

Memoir?

The longer I spend here, the more I think I'm losing my mind.

I've been assaulted. Twice. The first was right after my last message; I posted it in the middle of the word because I heard a bin fall over; it's a pretty big sound and the first I'd heard besides the constant sounds of the city.

I was quite surprised to see someone jump over that wall and into the alley, though. I couldn't really see their face, their sex, anything. I could see their outline in the fog (black contrasts with grey, after all), but they didn't seem to have that many secondary sexual characteristics, if you know what I mean? They dropped down from the wall, landed in front of me. Instantly stood upright and promptly punched me in the face. The rest of it's a blur, I'm afraid. I couldn't fight back, not with the bandage on my hand.

But here's the thing. After my attacker ran off (dunno why, though), I looked at myself. I wasn't bruised. And I bruise easily. Either I just felt a lot more pain than there was, or... something else. I don't know.

Now, the second one. I don't know what happened here. I tried to see where my first attacker went, turned around and my memory's a big blank, visually. I can remember my body hurting, though. Felt like I was being thrown around like a rag doll.

I don't know any more. This place is strange, it's filled with attackers and the more time I spend here, the more my memory keeps slipping away.

I don't know how to get out. I don't know what to do. I don't know if it's even safe to look over this wall.

I wonder if there's any point in even trying any more. Maybe I should just give up and let time pass me by here... let me take my medicine. Everything will be better after that.

-The Lexiconical-

No comments:

Post a Comment