Sunday 5 September 2010

Turning the Key

Right. I'm sorry for not posting yesterday, but the police weren't keen to let me go.

After my last reply, I was assaulted. Right outside my own bedroom door. I sent my reply, shut down my computer and went outside the door. I talk a step out and the next thing I knew, the back of my head was killing me. It all goes a bit hazy after that; I must have passed out. I didn't see my attacker, but I know who it was. A. I dunno what he did, but my memory's very patchy after the initial hit. I dunno what happened after that, so I guess I just passed out immediately.

When I came to, I was in my own house. Right outside my bedroom door. The first thing I smelled was whisky, and the second thing I noticed was the fact that my hand was covered in glass. As in, sticking into my own skin. It hurt like heck, but I managed to get up and stumble around my house.

It's a mess. My attacker must have been looking for something. But here's the funny thing.

My key is in the lock. There's only one key to my house, and I had it.

So how did my attacker get in? Did they already have a key, or where they in my house for a while? There's a few closets and stuff which I wouldn't check in every day, but nobody could really stay hidden for that long... could they?

So I called the police, told them I'd been assaulted and my house broken into. The police are going to be combing over my house later today. I've been told not to clean up any of the mess, but I can't anyway. One of my hands is covered in bandages, so I won't be doing any heavy lifting for a while.

If I've got enough money after this, I'm changing the locks. Just to be safe.

I don't feel safe in my own home.
-The Lexiconical-

No comments:

Post a Comment