Monday 2 August 2010

Lexi's Missing

Hey, guys.

Lexi's missing. He hasn't been heard from since Sunday: his mobile phone was left in his room, his computer was left on, but the monitor was off. This blog was on the screen, as I found out when I turned the blog on. I phoned up P/P and told him to get up here.

We found the notebook. It's been nailed to his desk. As in, he's gotten a nail and just hammered it in. I'll have to get him a new one, I know what brand he likes. If we find him, that is. There's no signs of forced entry, his front door was unlocked.

Anyway, what happened was this. I went up to his flat, knocked on the door. Waited for a minute, then knocked again. I opened the door after that; the immediate smell was of whisky. Lexi's a bit of an alcoholic; he keeps a bottle of whiskey or two in his flat at all times. Him not answering the door's normal; when he's pissed, it's rare that he can stand up. He's a bit of a lightweight (or so he says), but he still drunks a ton. I think he just likes getting drunk. I dunno.

Anyway. I went into the kitchen; there was broken glass all over the floor. On the biggest fragment, I found a label. Penderyn. It's his preferred brand, he buys it as much as he can. He's told me it's the only reason he does part-time work; to keep his rent, and to buy whisky. He isn't always drunk, there's just one or two evenings a week were he won't answer calls, won't answer the door. Anyway: when I found the bottle, my thoughts were “oh, it's fine.” He might have just dropped the bottle when he'd finished it. There was some whisky on the floor, but there might have been something left in the bottle when he dropped it. So I moved onto the bathroom.

Then the second smell hit me. Like, ah, what's the word. I dunno, it'll come to me. Anyway: on the wall, I found the words “TYLWYTH TEG” repeated over and over. On the walls, in this thick, tar-lie black paint. Just repeated over and over. On the ceiling, the words/letters “Y DYN TAL TENAU???” were on there as well. Just those letters, facing the window. When we find him, we're gonna need to go over it in paint, I think.

I backed out of the bathroom, phoned P/P. I called Lexi a few times, didn't get a reply; waited for him outside the flat (with the door open) until P/P came up the stairs to the flat. Skipping through the other rooms (not much notable, sorry!), we went into the bedroom.

The smell of whisky was overpowering in this room. His computer was left on, with the monitor off (we found this out when P/P accidentally knocked the mouse off the mousepad, and it hit the wall; the speakers made a few clicking noises, so we turned the monitor on; it was on this blog page, as noted above; I think he might have accidentally posted something, but I've not flicked through the blog yet. Just sat down, logged into Blogger and typed this). I'd like to make some more descriptions, but besides what I've mentioned, it was all normal. We found another broken whisky bottle (looks like he threw it at the window; the window survived the bottle then bounced onto the floor and smashed), but that was it. All the windows were shut, the television turned off at the wall. So we went back into his kitchen; P/P turned on the tap, and noted that the water was clean. Maybe they'd fixed the water pipes, or something. Then we came back to our house.

I dunno. We're thinking of going to the police if he doesn't turn up by Wednesday. What do you guys think? Any ideas, thoughts, anything? It'd be helpful if you (all one of you, says P/P) could tell us what the notebook says, it might give us a few clues. Come on, I can go back to his flat and ask some questions if you want, but we're gonna have to go to the police sooner or later. P/P says he's gonna go and have a look-around in town for him. Maybe he's gone on a binge or something.
~Sub

No comments:

Post a Comment