Monday 2 August 2010

Just Bricked Myself

Let's start this with a little opening. Now,the shower in my house isn't working at the moment; the piping's faulty, or something. So I have to have a bath to get clean. But when I want to use the bath, I've gotta leave the window open; since if I have a hot bath, it steams. If I don't open the window, the ceiling'd get riddled with damp. I've never liked that arrangement; I'm paranoid about someone peeking in.

I guess that'd explain the dream.

So, I'm in a steaming bath, kinda warm. Lathering myself with soap, then roughly brushing it off. It's quite relaxing; I guess I nodded off for a bit. Whether I did or didn't, I remember looking at the window, and seeing my father starting at me from the window. Just in the corner of it, keeping an eye on me.

Now, let's just leave it at this: my father is a literal and figurative bastard. He's dead now; had a heart attack when I was five. I didn't miss him much; anyway, he was in the window. He didn't speak, just stood there for a few minutes while I stared at him. I didn't blink. I didn't dare blink.

Then the dog started barking; it's a Labrador, she's really loud. I had a start and looked at the window again; he was gone. I assume that I'd just nodded off, and the dog barking woke me up. I went into the backyard afterwards; there was nobody there. My back garden has a really stupid design; if you get in, there's only one way out, and that's through the house. Nobody went through the backdoor, so I must have dozed off and had a nightmare.

I dunno, that window's really freaking me out now @_@ Gonna go get some real sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment